UDID Card: The Government of India has taken a lot of steps in order to help individuals with disabilities. For helping them, the government has invented several helpful schemes through which they can enjoy some benefits which are specifically made for them. However, there are only a few persons with disabilities who know about such schemes because of a lack of awareness. Therefore, to avoid such a situation, the government has decided to maintain a database of all the persons who have any physical or mental disabilities. To make people aware and to take benefit from these schemes, the government has come up with the UDID Card or Unique Disability ID.
In simple words, people having UDID cards will be able to take advantage of all the benefits that are laid by the State and Central governments in such schemes. In this article, we are going to discuss one of such schemes launched by the Indian Government and that is UDID Card. We are going to cover UDID card benefits, objectives, eligibility criteria, documents required, tracking application status, registration & login process, and so on. So, if you are interested to know more about UDID cards and want to know how to apply for them, then go through this blog carefully till the end.
What are the Eligibility Criteria and Required Documents for UDID Card?
If a person with a disability wants to apply for the UDID Card, then they must fulfill its eligibility criteria. After this, they will have to provide some documents that are required during the registration process. Here is the list of eligibility criteria and required documents for the UDID Card:
- Applicants need to be permanent residents of India.
- Candidates applying for UDID Card must be a person with a disability.
- Applicants have to provide some required documents like Aadhar Card, Income certificate, Passport size photograph, Caste certificate, Mobile number, Ration card, and Resident certificate.
How to Apply For Disability Certificate and UDID Card Online?
In order to apply for UDID Card Online, you must follow the steps which are given below:
- Step 1: Start the procedure by visiting the official website of the unique disability ID.
- Step 2: Now, the home page is going to open on your screen.
- Step 3: On the page, you need to click on the application for the disability certificate and UDID.
- Step 4: After this, a new page will open where an online application is going to appear on your screen.
- Step 5: You need to fill in all the important information that is asked in that application form. This information includes Personal details, Identity details, Address, Educational details, Employment details, and Disability details.
- Step 6: After filling in the information, upload all the required documents and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After filling and submitting the form, your application process for getting a disability certificate and UDID card will be completed.
How to Renew your Disability Certificate and UDID Card?
- Step 1: First, go to the unique disability ID official site.
- Step 2: The home page will open where you need to press on the option that says apply for disability certificate and UDID Renewal.
- Step 3: You will be directed to a new page where you have to fill the information like Applicant name, Applicant father name, Address, Enrollment number, UDID card number, Email ID, Mobile Number, Expiry date, Disability Type, Date of birth, and Captcha code
- Step 4: After filling the information, click on the submit button to complete the process.
How To Apply for a Lost UDID Card?
Follow these given steps below in order to apply for the lost UDID Card:
- At first, you have to visit the official website of the unique disability ID and its home page will open on the screen.
- Now, you have to click on the option that states apply for a lost UDID card.
- A new page will open where you will be asked to provide your enrollment number, UDID card number, and date of birth.
- Once you have provided every information correctly, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
How you can track your UDID Application Status?
If you want to track the status of your UDID after completing the application process, then read and follow these instructions which are given below:
- Visit the homepage of unique disability ID by visiting its official website.
- On the homepage, you have to click on track your application status.
- A new page will open where you have to fill in your Enrollment/UDID/Request number/mobile number/aadhaar number.
- After providing the details, you have to click on go and your application status will open on your computer screen.
How to Login and Update Personal Profile?
At first, go to the official website of unique disability ID and once the homepage is open you have to click on the login option. Now, the login page is going to appear on the screen where you have to provide the required details correctly. Fill in your enrollment number or UDID number, date of birth, and captcha code correctly, and then click on the login button to complete the process. After following all the steps carefully, the login process is completed successfully.
Once you have accessed your online unique disability ID profile by login process, then it will be very easy to update it in a few simple words. On the homepage, you need to click on the option that says update your personal profile. A new page will open and you will be asked to provide some information required to update your personal profile. Once you have filled in the details, click on the update button and your unique disability ID personal profile will be updated instantly.
Overall, the UDID Card or Unique Disability ID is a great initiative by the Indian Government to make all the people with disabilities aware of the beneficial policies that are specifically made for them. In order to provide them with these facilities, the government has come up with the initiative to maintain a national database of persons with disabilities for issuing a unique disability identity card to them. In this way, they will be aware of all the new and existing policies or facilities that are launched by the government for them. It will encourage transparency, efficiency, and fewer efforts in delivering several government benefits to persons with disabilities.