SHRESHTA Scheme: Central Government has started several scholarship programs and fee waiver schemes to provide education to all needy students across the country. To help the children in getting a proper education, State Government has also initiated such steps. Both Central and state governments are working together to provide quality education to all the students in the country. Among all these efforts and programs, SHRESHTA scheme is also launched to provide residential education to SC students in targeted areas for the High School level.
SHRESHTA scheme has been launched by the Ministry Of Social justice and empowerment to help the students in targeted areas. This yojana has several benefits, objectives, eligibility criteria, and more which we are going to discuss in this article. In addition to that, we will also be discussing about SHRESHTA scheme’s required documents, application procedure, and more. Read the following to get complete information about SHRESHTA Scheme.
SHRESHTA Scheme Overview
As we have mentioned above, SHRESHTA Scheme is launched by the Ministry Of Social justice and empowerment to help the students (SC) of targeted areas by providing them with residential education. With the help of this scheme, meritorious students will get scholarships to cover all their educational expenses from Class 9th to 11th.
One should take note that this government launched scheme is only for the students who belong to scheduled caste and it will start rolling from the 2022-23 academic year. However, the candidates must appear and qualify for NETS or the National entrance test for enjoying the benefits of SHRESHTA. This test will be conducted on the national level by the national testing agency and will be held in a computer-based mode.
SHRESHTA Scheme: Important Dates
- The application form will be made available online starting from 12th March 2022 to 12th April 2022 up to 5:00 PM.
- In case you need to make some alterations to your form after submitting it online, then the Correction window will be made available from 13th April 2022 to 15 April 2022.
- Applicants can download their admit cards from the NTA website from 2nd May 2022 onwards.
- The exam will be held on 7th May 2022 for 3 hours from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- As of now, the date of the result declaration has not been announced, however, it will release on the NTA website.
- The Official Website to check details about SHRESHTA Scheme 2022 is https://shreshta.nta.nic.in/
SHRESHTA Scheme 2022 Exam: Important Instructions
There are a few guidelines that are set up for the students who are going to appear for the entrance exam for SHRESHTA Scheme 2022. Here are the instructions that you need to follow:
- Candidates are advised to bring them to admit card, SC certificate, One passport size photo, Any authorized Photo ID, and a blue or black ballpoint pen, to the examination center, where they must report two hours before the exam.
- If any candidate does not sit on the allotted seat, provides wrong information, caught indulging in an unfair practice, then he or she could face cancellation of candidature or might book under ufm.
- There will be no retest for the candidates who don’t appear on the scheduled examination date.
- The scores are going to be made available live on the NTA’s official website.
- One should take note that there will be no revaluation or rechecking of the result.
SHRESHTA Scheme 2022: Eligibility Criteria
There is a set of requirements that every candidate should meet if they are applying for the SHRESHTA Scheme 2022, and those are as follows:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- Only candidates belonging to the schedule caste are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The students applying for this scheme must be currently studying in class 8th and 10th.
- The annual income of the applicant’s parents should be Rs 2.5 lakh or less.
- There will be no entrance fees in order to appear for the examination.
- Candidates appearing in the new academic session for class 9th should be born between 1st April 2006 to 31st March 2010. However, if they are applying for class 11th should be born between 1st April 2004 to 31st March 2008.
What are the Documents Required to apply for SHRESHTA Scheme?
Some of the important documents required to apply for SHRESHTA Scheme 2022 are as follows:
- Aadhar Card
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Caste certificate
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Ration card
- Residence certificate, etc.
How To Apply Under SHRESHTA Scheme?
Here is the list of steps that you should follow if you want to apply under SHRESHTA Scheme:
- Step 1: At first, go to the official website of SHRESHTA Yojana.
- Step 2: Once, the home page will open, go to the registration page.
- Step 3: A new page will open where you have to click on the option that says new registration.
- Step 4: Another page will appear on the screen that contains some instructions. Read them carefully and click on the small checkbox given below.
- Step 5: After that, you have to press on the ‘Click here’ option to proceed.
- Step 6: Now, an Application form will appear on the screen where you need to fill in all the details asked in the form. The information you need to provide in the application form includes the Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of birth, Gender, Identification number, Address, Locality, Country, State, District, Pin Code, Contact Details such like Email address and Mobile number, etc.
- Step 7: Once you have filled in all the information, you need to click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 8: Now login on to the portal and update the following details in the application form such as your Contact details, Personal details, Qualification information, Aadhar details, Exam, and Centre details.
- Step 9: After this, you need to upload all the documents asked in this process and click on submit button. Now, your application process is successfully completed.
Overall, there will be four papers or subjects in the examination, consisting of 100 questions for a total of 400 marks. These subjects include Mathematics (120 marks), Science (80 marks), Social Science (100 marks), and General Awareness/Knowledge (100 marks). For every correct answer, students will be allotted four marks while no marks will be deducted for incorrect or unanswered questions. This was all about SHRESHTA Scheme 2022, we hope all your queries regarding the same is now sorted.