Ration Card Status: Ration Card is an official document approved by the government which helps Indian citizens to buy necessary items like food, grains, kerosene, and so on. This card is extremely helpful for such individuals who belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) or the ones who are not financially stable. Such citizens of India who need help in buying necessary items can apply for the Ration Card and they will get all these goods at subsidized rates. Other than this, a ration card also has additional benefits as it acts as a proof of identity and address. Therefore, it can also be used for other purposes like applying for a domicile certificate, voter ID, and so on. Read further to know more about Ration Card Status.
Ration Card Status
The Service Related to Ration Card is now available Online And You can Now Check the Ration Card List and Ration Card Status through Your Mobile Phone at Your Home. Most Ration Card Holders are not Aware of the Online Process and Check Ration Card Status. In Order to Check the Ration Card Status Online, You need to Go through the Official Website of the Food Department. Then Select the Ration Card Application Status from the Given Menu List. Now You have to Submit it By Entering Your Application Number or Ration Card Number. The Ration Card Status will be shown on the screen as soon as your details are verified. with this Method, You are easily Check Your Ration Card Status Online.
Ration Card Types
Mainly, there are two types of Ration Card such as White Ration Card and Blue/Red/Green/Yellow Ration Card. The details about both cards are given below:
- White Ration Card: If you are above the poverty line, then you have to apply for a white ration card. The Indian Government has set up some standards through which they decide whether you fall under the above or below the poverty line. The white color ration card shows that you are an Indian citizen who is above the poverty line.
- Blue/Red/Green/Yellow Ration Card: If you are below the poverty line, then you have to apply for a Blue/Red/Green/Yellow Ration Card. With the help of these cards, the cardholder can buy food items at subsidized rates.
What are the Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Ration Card?
There are some requirements that will qualify your eligibility to fulfill your wish to apply for a ration card:
- You must be an Indian citizen.
- There should be no other person who on your behalf has applied for a ration card.
- There should not be any member of your family who has already applied for a ration card.
Required Documents to Apply for Ration Card
Below here is the list of documents that are required to apply for a ration card:
- The first thing you will require is the state application form.
- Your identity proof such as Election Id, Driving License, Passport, and Government Id Card will also be required.
- A photograph of the head of the family will be needed.
- The annual income of the applicant will be required.
- If there’s any canceled or surrendered ration card, you will also have to provide that.
- The residence proof of the applicant will also be required such as Bank Passbook, Electricity Bill, LPG Receipt, Telephone Bill, and Rental Agreement.
How to Apply for a Ration Card?
There are two main methods through which you can apply for a ration card and those are as follows:
To apply for the ration card, you need to follow the instructions that are given below:
- Step 1: At first, you must first visit its official online portal of the state in which you reside.
- Step 2: After this, you will land on its official home page.
- Step 3: On the home page, you will see an option that says ‘apply for a ration card.’
- Step 4: Once you see that, click on that option.
- Step 5: You’ll be directed to the next page, where you must enter all the asked details correctly.
- Step 6: After you have filled in your details completely, click on submit button.
- Step 7: After clicking on the option, your application is now completed. You can also save and download the application form.
- Step 8: If you want, you can also take a printout of it and print a copy of the application form for future reference.
In this method, you have to send an SMS to the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state where you live. After that, you are going to get a message that will instruct you to follow the process to apply for a ration card. In order to get the details of the procedure, you can also check it out on the official website of the government of your state.
Their customer care number is also available on the official website of their state government. It is a toll-free number from which you can get to know about the process. You’ll need to follow the provided instructions in order to apply for a ration card.
In addition to that, you can also visit the state’s Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department in an area you live. You’ll also have to bring all the necessary documents while applying for a ration card along with the application form which you need to fill out and submit.
How to Check Ration Card Status?
If you want to check your Ration Card status online, then it can also be possible with the proper procedure which we are going to explain step-by-step below here:
- Step 1: In order to check the Ration Card Status, the first thing you need to do is to visit the official website i.e., https://nfsa.gov.in/.
- Step 2: The home page will open, you will see the option to check the status of the ration card.
- Step 3: Once you find that option, click on that to check the status.
- Step 4: A new page will open where you will see state-wise classification, from which you need to select your state.
- Step 5: In the next step, you have to select your district and key in the asked details before clicking on the search option.
- Step 6: After you click on that option, all the details regarding the status of your ration card are going to open.
- Step 7: If you want, you can also download and save your ration card status along with printing a copy of the card status for future use.
This was everything about Ration Card Status in our article. If you need more information like that, so keep in touch with us. If in case you have some questions regarding ration card, please feel free to ask them in our comments section below, we will be pleased to answer as soon as possible.