Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY scheme): Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) has been launched by the Government of India in order to financially assist pregnant women who are conceiving and breastfeeding for the first time. Under the PMMVY Scheme, financial help of Rs. 6000 is provided to such women by the Government of India.
The Prime Minister Pregnancy Assistance Scheme 2021 (also known as Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana 2021) was launched on 1st January 2017 by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. If you are interested to find out more about PMMVY, then you have landed in the perfect place. In this article, we are going to discuss every crucial detail of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, so read the following information till the end.
What are the Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana?
There are many benefits of the Pregnancy Assistance Scheme which are very helpful for pregnant women who are in need of financial assistance. Under this scheme, the government is helping pregnant women who are not well-off or are not able to fulfill their and their unborn child’s health needs during their pregnancy period. If they are in this situation due to a lack of money, then the government of India will provide financial help through the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme.
With the help of this scheme, pregnant women will be provided facilities which they will become capable of meeting every need during the time of their pregnancy and even after the birth of their child. This will help them to take care of themselves and their child as well. This scheme will help in increasing the way of living of pregnant women along with lowering the death rate (due to pregnancy complications) in the country. The women entitled under this scheme also get convenient support from the government as the amount is directly sent to their bank account.
What are the Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana?
If you want to apply for the Prime Minister Pregnancy Assistance Scheme, then you must fulfill certain criteria to get the benefits of this government launched yojana. If you qualify for PMMVY, you have to provide some required documents which we are going to list below.
- The applicant for the pregnancy assistance scheme must be a pregnant woman who should not be less than 19 years of age.
- Under this scheme, those women who have become pregnant on or after 1st January 2017 will also be considered suitable for this yojana.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary is only eligible to get the benefit once.
- One should take note that this scheme is not available for women who are currently pursuing government jobs.
The documents required for Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana are as follows:
- Aadhar cards of both parents
- Bank Account Passbook
- Identity Card of Both Parents
- Ration Card
- The Mother and Child Protection (MCP) card records of mother and child protection are also going to be considered under this scheme.
How to Apply Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana?
Interested beneficiaries of the country who wants to entitle to the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, can apply for this scheme through an online or offline method. As we mentioned, there are two ways through which you can Apply for PMMVY Scheme, and below here are the steps that you need to follow:
Starting with the online method, here are the instructions to apply for PMMVY on their official website:
- Step 1: In the first step, you need to go to the official home page of PMMVY by visiting its official site.
- Step 2: Once you reach its home page, you will find an option to open the login form.
- Step 3: Enter required details such as email id, password captcha code, etc. in the login form before hitting the login button.
- Step 4: As soon as you will click on that option, you can open the application form and it will appear on your screen. You need to provide all the required information that is asked in the form such as your personal details, contact information, bank details, etc.
- Step 5: Once you have filled in all the information that is asked in the application form, click on submit button at the end.
Other than the online method, you can also apply for Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana offline to enjoy its benefits. Follow the guidelines given below:
- If you are going for the offline method, first you need to fill out three application forms in total (first form, second form, third form) that are compulsory to be submitted for registering yourself for this scheme.
- For this, pregnant women need to go to the Anganwadi and nearby health center along with the first form for registration as well as filling all the required details that are asked in it before submitting it.
- After this, you have to go to the Anganwadi and nearby health center for filling the second form, and third forms regularly and then, at last, submit them.
- As soon as you have filled out all the three forms, the Anganwadi and the nearby health center are going to provide you with a slip.
- You need to visit the official website Pregnant Assistance Scheme 2020 to check and download its application form. The official portal of the Ministry of Women and Child Development through which you can download the form is http://wcd.nic.in/. By following all these steps, your offline application is going to be completed.
The Prime Minister Pregnancy Assistance Scheme 2022 or Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana 2022, is a great initiative by the Government of India to help pregnant women and lactating women who are in need of financial or economical help during their pregnancy. The government provides a cash incentive of 6000 rupees to pregnant/lactating women in order to help them get well under the Janani Suraksha Yojana. It helps in ensuring time-to-time checkups and providing benefits to more than 50 lakh women every year. This was all about the PMMVY scheme, if you need more information, you can visit their official site or you can also ask us in our comment section.