PM SVAMITVA Yojana: Property dispute is one of the serious issues in India, especially in the areas where land records are not properly maintained. This kind of issue can be majorly seen in the populated village areas or rural areas as the land is not accurately measured or properly surveyed for verification. Therefore, the Government of India has come up with a scheme that is very useful for such situations. This scheme is known as PM SVAMITVA Yojana which will provide ownership rights to the people living in rural areas of the country.
The scheme is launched with the intention to reduce property disputes in the country, especially in rural areas. For this, the government will provide accurate and rightful land records while increasing financial liquidity. The scheme aims to restructure planning as well as revenue collection, along with making sure that the residents of India, especially from the rural areas, are informed of their property rights. If you are interested to know more about PM SVAMITVA Yojana, then this blog is perfect for you. In this article, we are going to discuss key information about PM SVAMITVA Yojana, including its objectives, benefits, and more. So, read the following information about the PM SVAMITVA scheme till the end.
PM SVAMITVA Yojana Overview
The Survey of Villages Abadi and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Area, also commonly known as PM SVAMITVA Scheme is a property survey program that has been launched by the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi. This scheme was launched on 24th April 2020 as a central-sector scheme for promoting socio-economic empowerment as well as a more self-reliant rural India. The Central Panchayati Raj departments, Survey of India, Revenue departments, and Panchayati Raj ministry are the various departments that are engaged in implementing PM Modi SVAMITVA Yojana.
There are around 6.62 lakh villages that are located across the country and are going to be surveyed under this scheme, starting from 2021 and concluding in 2025. In this scheme, various advanced technology has been used, including drones for collecting property data.
There are two phases of the scheme and the initial one was implemented during 2020-21 in some selected Indian states’ villages such as Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, Punjab Karnataka, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan.
The main intention of the scheme is to reduce property disputes by providing precise and truthful land records while improving financial liquidity. In addition to that, the scheme also aims to modernize the planning and revenue collection, along with ensuring that the inhabitants are well-versed in property rights in the rural areas.
Features of PM SVAMITVA Yojana
The PM Modi SVAMITVA Yojana usually works in a phase-wise manner such as Phase-I and Phase-II. These are explained below:
- Phase I: Phase I of PM Modi SVAMITVA Yojana is the Pilot phase that continues from April 2020 to March 2021. This phase has covered one lakh villages of Indian states like Uttarakhand, Andhra Pradesh Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan. The concerned authority is going to launch of CROS (Continuously Operating Reference Stations) network during this phase, mainly in two States such as Rajasthan and Punjab.
- Phase II: This phase has been started in April 2021 and will continue till March 2025. This phase is going to cover around 6.62 lakh villages. In addition to that, there is a plan for establishing a CROS network along with 567 CORS stations as well.
Objectives of PM SVAMITVA Yojana
There are a few key purposes of the PM SVAMITVA scheme, which are as follows:
- The scheme ensures to maintain financial stability for the people living in villages by allowing them to use their property for taking loans from banks or any other financial institutions.
- It will create rightful land records for rural planning in the future.
- The scheme will help in reducing property-related disputes in rural areas of the country.
- It will help in creating survey structure as well as GIS maps that will let other departments for using these documents according to the requirement.
- In addition to that, SVAMITVA Yojana will also determine property tax as well.
Benefits of PM SVAMITVA Yojana
There are many benefits of SVAMITVA Yojana, however, its main aim is to resolve property disputes in the country. Below here is the list of key advantages of SVAMITVA Yojana:
- By launching this scheme, the government of India is going to provide rightful ownership rights over their properties.
- Under this scheme, all the eligible property owners are going to get property cards that they can use for availing of the loans.
- With the help of SVAMITVA Yojana, the government is making sure to advance the fast development of rural areas via mapping and demarcation of properties in the village areas. This scheme is also going to help the government in planning infrastructure programs in rural areas.
- As there are drone technology and satellite mapping are used under this scheme, therefore, the chances of errors in surveying and drawing the boundaries of properties will also be very low.
With the help of PM SVAMITVA Yojana, the Government of India has made a great initiative to solve the issue of property disputes in the country. In many of the Indian states (mostly rural areas), property dispute is one of the major issues, and as there is no proper documentation of land and its ownership, no wonder why these issues can’t be solved easily. With the arrival of PM SVAMITVA Yojana, not only the Indian government is solving these issues, but also lower down the criminal cases related to property disputes in the country. Therefore, it is a very thoughtful and helpful scheme by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, which will also help in improving civic amenities in the country along with providing rightful ownership of the property to their owners. This was all about PM SVAMITVA Yojana, if you need any kind of help regarding the same then you can write it down in our comment section. You can also visit the PM SVAMITVA Yojana’s official site to get more information about this scheme. Thank you for reading!