PM Jan-Dhan Yojana: The Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana was established to boost social security among Indian citizens. Under this scheme, people can open their saving account in nationalized banks or in post offices at Zero balance. The central government will also provide your debit card for their bank account along with offering accidental insurance of one lakh. People with no bank account can create one under this scheme to enjoy several benefits offered by the government. If you want to get more information about PM Jan Dhan Yojana including its benefits, online application, registration, and more then read this article till the end.
What are the Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
There are many benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana which we have listed down below:
- The eligible candidates can apply for PM Jan Dhan Yojana to open a zero-balance saving bank account.
- The bank accounts opened under this scheme don’t need to maintain a minimum balance in their account.
- After successfully applying, the account holder will also receive a debit card issued by the bank.
- The bank will provide appropriate interest to the account holders who are registered under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, the account holders will also receive an accidental cover of INR 100000 and Life insurance of INR 30000, which will be provided by the government of India.
- The beneficiaries of the PMJDY scheme can also apply for loans up to Rs. 10000 without going through any paperwork.
Eligibility Criteria of PM Jan-Dhan Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana can only be accessed by those applicants who qualify the eligibility criteria of this scheme. To know what are the requirements to qualify for this yojana, read the following points given down below.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- To get the benefits of this scheme, the applicants must belong to a poor or BPL category.
- Applicants must have an Aadhar Card as it will be linked with their Jan Dhan Account.
- Under this scheme, only saving accounts will be opened.
Documents Required to Open PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account
There are a few required documents that are necessary to open a bank account under the PM Jan Dhan Yojana. To know what are those essential documents, you need to read the following content that is given below:
- The first and the most important document required is Aadhar Card as it will be linked with your PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account.
- Your Identification proof such as Voter Card or PAN Card will be needed during the process.
- Any proof of your Permanent Address such as electricity bills, phone bills, etc. will also be required.
- Then, a Government ID Proof will be needed along with your contact information such as your mobile number, Email id, etc.
- At last, you will need to attach a passport-size photo to the physical or online Jan Dhan Yojana Account form.
How to open Jan Dhan Yojana Account?
There’s a procedure to Apply for Jan Dhan Yojana to open a new bank account at zero balance. If you are opening it for the first time, then you must know its application process to avoid any mistakes. To help you out with the process, we are providing you with a set of instructions that you can follow to successfully apply for the Jan Dhan Yojana account.
- Step 1: At first, you have to go to the bank or post office near to your location.
- Step 2: After reaching the branch, you need to collect the Jan Dhan Yojana Form. You can ask any of their employees if you need help finding the form.
- Step 3: Once you received the form, fill it out by providing all the required details such as your nominee name, address, Aadhar number, contact information, and more.
- Step 4: Now, you need to attach all the important and required copies along with the filled Jan Dhan Yojana Form.
- Step 5: At last, you have to deposit this form to the bank in order to open the Jan Dhan Account at zero balance.
After submitting the form with the necessary documents, the bank is going to provide you with the Passbook and Debit card of your now-activated account.
How to Apply for PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account Online?
In order to apply for the PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account Online, you must follow these guidelines to avoid any kind of trouble or mistakes during the application process.
- Step 1: Start the application process for the PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account by visiting its official website.
- Step 2: Once you land on the official home page of the website, you will find the “Apply Online” option, click on that.
- Step 4: A new page will open on the screen where you will find the online application form.
- Step 5: Once the form is opened, you need to fill in your details carefully and correctly.
- Step 6: Now, upload all the mandatory documents with the documents online.
- Step 7: At last, click on the submit button to complete the online application process for PM Jan Dhan Yojana.
Initiated by the Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, PM Jan Dhan Yojana was implemented on 28th August 2014. By launching this scheme, the central government has opened several bank accounts in rural areas with zero balance facilities. With the help of this yojana, the government is encouraging people below the poverty line or living in rural areas in India to save by opening bank accounts. This scheme has been launched by the central government of India and people can easily register themselves for becoming beneficiaries. In case you are facing any trouble during the application process, or have any doubt regarding the same, then there’s a helpline number provided by the government of India to solve your queries. The toll-free number of PM Jan Dhan Yojana to provide you with help is 1800-11-0001 or 1800-180-1111. So, clear your doubts or get answers to your questions by contacting the PMJDY Helpline number. The official representative will be there on the other side to help you out with your query.