E Challan Status: As per the Indian regulations, a challan is an official paper that has been issued to the motor vehicle driver violating the traffic rules. Since everything is on a web platform nowadays, so the e- challan system has been introduced by the Indian Government for the general public. In other words, a vehicle e-challan is a computer-generated challan that is being issued to the traffic defaulters and it is issued by the Indian Traffic Police.
Whenever traffic or e-challan is issued in your name, it simply implies that you are held accountable to pay the penalty. The charges that you’ll have to pay are based on the type of traffic offense according to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
It is the right and duty of the traffic police department to issue a challan to any driver who is not following the traffic rules while driving. Now, the Government of India has initiated to make this process more convenient and transparent to the general public. This step by the Indian Government has made traffic services easier to access.
What Is E Challan?
E Challan is the Software Application that is created to Provide Traffic Policemen and Transport Enforcement Officers with some ease. It has both Web Interface and Android Based Mobile App. This Application has user-friendly features and is integrated with Sarathi and Vahan to cover Major functionalities of the Traffic Enforcement System.
What are the Objectives of E Challan?
The Govt of India wants to Make the Payment of the Challan Process easier and less hectic for the Indian Citizens. The Citizens of India who want to Pay Challan need to Go to the Concerned office and wait for a long outside the Office to Submit the Fine. As this E Challan Method will Start the Fine Submission will become easier for the Payers.
What Traffic Violations Can Charge You An E-Challan?
Any kind of traffic violation can make the traffic police department issue you an E-Challan. There are a number of reasons when an e-challan might be issued to you by the traffic police and some of those are as follows:
- Any kind of traffic rules violations.
- Skipping red lights.
- Driving an unauthorized vehicle.
- Over-speeding and Drunk driving.
- Causing traffic hindrance.
- Traveling or Driving without a valid ticket or a valid license.
- Driving without having a valid insurance policy.
- Refusing to share information when asked by the traffic police.
How to Check your E-Challan Status?
Follow the instructions given below in order to check your E-Challan Status:
- Step 1: In order to check the status of your E-Challan, you first need to visit the official online portal designed by the Indian Government. The official site for the same is echallan.parivahan.gov.in.
- Step 2: Once you visit their official site, the home page will open on your screen.
- Step 3: On the home page, you will see an option that states “Check Challan Status.” Once you find it, click on that option.
- Step 4: As soon as you will click on that option, a new page is going to open.
- Step 5: On that new page, you will be required to enter your challan number, DL number, as well as your vehicle number.
- Step 6: Once you have filled in those details, you must enter the CAPTCHA code.
- Step 7: After entering your details and the code, all of your information is going to open on the screen.
- Step 8: Now, you have your details, so you can click on the “Pay Now” option.
- Step 9: Select the mode of your payment and once the amount is paid successfully, you will receive the receipt of your challan online.
How Can I Pay E-Challan Using different Methods?
There are mainly two ways through which you can pay your e-challan i.e., online and offline, and we will be explaining to you these two methods down below:
There are primarily two steps for making e-challan payments online. You can either pay it from their official site or through the Paytm application.
- In the first process, you must visit the online E Challan official portal.
- You will land on its home page after visiting its site.
- You will be asked to enter your information on the homepage.
- Once you have provided all the asked details, you must select your payment method.
- You can make the payment with debit and credit cards, or through online banking.
- In other processes, you can make the payment of the E Challan via Paytm. For this, you have to open the application on your device.
- Go to Paytm and find the Challan option on its homepage for selecting the service. After you find it, click on that option.
- Once clicked, you will be asked to enter your authority’s name.
- After this, you will produce your Challan number and at the end, complete the payment using Paytm.
Now moving on to the offline method, there is only one way to make the payment of your E challan. The alternative method to make the payment other than online or internet banking is visiting the police station. Search the nearest traffic police station of your locality and go visit the place physically. You can then pay the amount charged for the Challan.
How to Check the details of Pending E Challan Transactions Online?
In order to find the information regarding your pending transaction, you must visit the official E Challan website. After that, follow the guidelines which we are going to provide below:
- Now on the home page, you should click on the option that says “Check pending transaction.”
- After you click on that option, a new page will be displayed on your screen.
- On that page, your vehicle and Challan number will be asked. So, please provide the correct details in the designated place.
- Once the process is completed, all the related details regarding your pending transaction will be displayed on the screen. Now, you can check all the pending transactions and can make the payments accordingly in time.
What to do After Receiving the Wrong E Challan?
If there is some situation where you have received the wrong Challan or related message, then you should not panic as it can be corrected easily. For correcting this mistake, you must go to the nearest traffic police station and provide the officials with all the required information on it.
After confirming the details, the traffic police officials will cancel your challan and you will not be asked to make any extra payment for correcting it. Other than visiting the station, you can also send an email to their official online portal. After receiving the email, the traffic police will check the details and after confirmation, they will cancel your Challan.
One should take note that the traffic rules in India are becoming stricter these days. So, if you don’t pay e challan on time, there will be legal consequences along with a heavy penalty. For more information, you can visit echallan.parivahan.gov.in.