Agnipath Scheme 2022: The Government of India has launched a new scheme for the recruitment of youth in defense. The scheme was launched on 14th June 2022, and it is scheduled to get implemented in September 2022. If you are also interested to know more about Agnipath Scheme then read the following content till the end. In this article, we will be covering key information about Agnipath Scheme such as eligibility criteria, selection process, and more.
Agnipath Scheme 2022 Overview: Who are Agniveers?
The Indian Union government has introduced a new scheme on 14th June 2022 to recruit youth in defense, and it is known as Agnipath Scheme. The selected youth under this scheme will be known by a new military rank i.e., Agniveers (Fire-Warriors), and their recruitment will be done in the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force below the rank of commissioned officers.
The Agnipath Scheme is going to be the only way for the recruitment of youth candidates into the Indian military services. In addition to that, the recruits will only be hired for a period of four years. Also, the scheme is going to sidestep many things from the old system such as long tenures, pensions, and other benefits.
Agnipath Scheme Application Process: Step-by-Step Guide
Before starting the application process for the Agnipath scheme, one should take note to submit their application on time. The application dates and deadlines will be provided on the official site and it will be announced very soon. Read the following steps to know how to apply for the Agnipath scheme:
- Step 1: First, you need to visit the official site of the Agnipath scheme. The official portal of Agnipath Recruitment is agnipathvayu.cdac.in.
- Step 2: On the homepage, you will find the ‘Apply Online’ option. Click on that tab.
- Step 3: The application form will open, fill in all the necessary information such as name, father’s name, address, educational qualification, and more.
- Step 4: Now, you need to attach the documents required during the process like SSC Certificate, and Category Certificate, among a few more.
- Step 5: After this, you have to upload your recent passport size photo along with your signature in specifically asked dimensions.
- Step 6: At last, pay the required amount to complete the process successfully. Click on the submit button to pay the fee.
- Step 7: After paying the application fee, you can download and take a printout of the form for future use.
Agnipath Scheme Selection Process
Below here, we are providing you with the selection criteria for Agnipath Scheme 2022 for each department:
In order to qualify for Army, the candidates have to go through three major selection steps which are as follows:
- First, they have to qualify Physical Fitness and Physical Measurement Test.
- After getting qualified from the first procedure, candidates have to go through the Medical Test.
- Once they clear the first two steps, the selected candidates will take part in Written Test through Common Entrance Exam.
To get selected for Air Force, the candidates have to go through three main steps of the selection procedure which are as follows:
- There will be an Online Test in the first step of the selection process.
- After this, the candidates have to provide some documents for the Document Verification and Physical Fitness round.
- Once they clear both the steps, the selected candidates have to go through a medical test to get qualified for the post.
The selection process for joining the Navy through Agnipath Scheme 2022 is yet to be announced. However, the official announcement will be made soon and we will update it on our website.
Agnipath Scheme Eligibility Criteria
All the interested candidates who want to join the Indian defense force through Agnipath Scheme must fulfill the eligibility criteria set up by the board. The Agnipath Scheme Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1) Age Limit
All the applicants must be between the age of 17.5 to 21 years. However, there is an upper age relaxation of up to 23 years for the 2022-23 Recruiting Year.
2) Educational Qualification
Below are the educational qualification criteria for different posts of defense:
- General Duty (All Arms): The candidates must have completed their Class 10th or Matric with 45% marks in aggregate and 33 percent in every subject.
- Soldier Technical: Candidates who have qualified 10+2 in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English subjects are eligible to apply for this post.
- Soldier Clerk/ Storekeeper Technical: The applicants should have passed 10+2 in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science) with 50 percent marks in aggregate and at least 40% in every subject.
- Soldier Nursing Assistant: The applicants must have completed their 10+2 exam in Science with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. They must have qualified it with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and at least 40 percent in every subject.
- Tradesmen (All Arms) 10th Pass: There’s no such condition in aggregate percentage, but the applicant must be Class 10th passed and should have scored 33 percent in every subject.
- Tradesmen (All Arms) 8th Pass: Here also there is no condition in aggregate percentage, but the candidate should have completed Class 8th with at least 33 percent in every subject.
Agneepath Scheme 2022: What will be the Income of Agniveers?
Under the Agneepath scheme, the selected candidates who are known as Agniveers will receive Rs 30,000 per month in the first year. Out of these INR 30,000, there will be a deduction of Rs 9000 from their monthly income and it will be then deposited in their savings account.
After this, the army is also going to add the same part to the selected candidate’s savings. On the other hand, the salary is going to increase every year, and therefore, it will also increase the amount that will be deposited in the savings account. In addition to that, Agniveers will leave the Army after 4 years and at that time they will be given service funds which may be around Rs 11,70,000.
Other than this, the youth candidates will also be provided a special certificate because of which they can get jobs in several different posts. One of the great things about Agneepath Scheme 2022 is that the Agniveers are also going to get non-contributory life insurance of Rs 48 lakh.