Aadhar Card Status: Aadhaar is a unique 12-digit number that is issued by the UIDAI to the people of India. Just like most of countries in the world, the Indian Government has also introduced a unique identification system in the form of AADHAAR. It is generated on the basis of some factors like demographic and biometric data explicit to each individual. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is the statutory body for Aadhaar.
Any Indian resident, regardless of his/ her age and gender, may voluntarily enroll to get an Aadhaar number. The individual who is willing to enroll for AADHAAR has to provide some details regarding their demographic and biometric information at the time of enrolment process. The best thing about the Aadhaar card is that you don’t need to pay anything for the enrolment process and the card is totally free of cost.
About Aadhar Card
Aadhar Card is the Twelve Digit Random Number that is issued to the Residents of India by the Unique Identification Authority of India After Satisfying the Verification Process According to the Authority. Any Individual in India irrespective of Age, Gender may voluntarily get Enrolled to Get an Aadhar Number. Any person who is willing to Enroll for the Same has to Provide Minimal Demographic and Biometric Information during the Enrollment Process. Individuals need to have to pay any fees to get the Aadhar Card done.
What are the Documents Required for Aadhaar Card?
Anyone who is a resident or permanent citizen of India is eligible to apply for an Aadhaar card. The UIDAI accepts a number of documents such as proof of identity and different proof of address during the enrollment process. So, you must keep these documents ready in hand before applying for Aadhaar.
Mainly, there are two types of documents that are going to be required while applying for Aadhaar. And those documents are Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Identity (POI). These are the documents that are sufficient enough to meet the criteria:
- For proof of identification (POI), you can provide a Pan card and Certificate of Birth.
- For proof of address (POA), you can provide a Passport, Voter identification card, Driving license, and Ration/PDS card.
How to apply for Aadhar Card?
Here is the complete instruction on how to apply for your Aadhaar card. For those who are not aware, Aadhaar cards are authorized to be issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI. Follow these steps given below:
- At first, you need to fill out an Aadhaar card application form.
- Now, you have to find an enrollment center near your location through Enrollment Center Finder.
- After this, you will have to set up an appointment with your local Aadhaar enrollment center.
- At the Aadhaar enrollment center, you need to bring the proof of identity and proof of address documents that are required for the process.
- In addition to that, you can take an enrollment form which is pre-filled out to your appointment, or else you can fill the form when you get there on the location.
- Once you reach the enrollment center with the required documents, your photo, fingerprints, and iris scan will be taken as a part of the enrollment procedure.
- As soon as everything is done, you are going to get an acknowledgment slip along with a temporary enrolment number and other details that were captured during the process.
Note: The Aadhaar enrolment is voluntary and no fee will be charged for the process.
How to apply for Baal-Aadhaar Card?
Baal-Aadhaar Card is issued to a newborn or minor child. It is blue in color and does not consist of biometric details such as fingerprints and iris scans of the cardholder. Here’s how to apply for Baal-Aadhaar Card:
- First, go to the UIDAI website and find the enrolment center near your location. You’ll need a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- For authentication, one of the child’s parents must provide their Aadhaar number. In this process, the Baal Aadhaar is going to be linked to the parent’s Aadhaar card.
- Fill up the application form and provide all the necessary information and a mobile number that you want to register with Baal Adhaar.
- At the center, a photograph of the child is going to be taken, and no biometrics will be required if the child is below 5 years of age.
- Once the process is completed, you’ll get the acknowledgment slip.
A verification SMS is going to be sent to the mobile number that you have registered in the enrolment process. Once it is done, Baal Aadhar is going to be dispatched to the given address.
How to Check Your Aadhaar Card Status?
In order to check your Aadhaar card status online, you need to log into the official website of UIDAI. On the homepage, you will see an option ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ under the Aadhaar enrolment tab, simply click on it. Now, you have to provide your enrolment number which you can find on the acknowledge slip. Once you do that, you can easily check the current status of your Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar Card Verification Process
Now, it has become possible to easily verify your Aadhaar online by the following these steps given below:
- Step 1: At first, you have to log on to the official website of UIDAI.
- Step 2: On the homepage, you need to select the option that says ‘Aadhaar services.’
- Step 3: Now select the ‘Aadhaar Verification’ option that is present on the page.
- Step 4: You’ll need to provide your unique 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Step 5: After this you will receive a one-time password on your registered mobile, enter the OTP in the desired space.
- Step 6: At last, you need to submit the application.
If in case there is a mismatch in the given information, you can call UIDAI at 1947 which is a toll-free number. You can also visit UIDAI online for the same.
How to Update/Edit Your Aadhaar Card?
Your Aadhaar Card details can be edited or updated in two major situations:
- If there’s any change in the demographic data like your name, age, and marital status.
- Change in Biometric Aadhaar data.
For this process, you will be asked to provide a copy of the supporting document (POI/POA) for editing or updating the details. The update in your Aadhaar can be done by two methods: By visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or else by online through logging on to the UIDAI official website.
Other than the physical copy, you can also download the PDF version of the Aadhaar card. It is known as e-Aadhaar and it can be downloaded from the Aadhaar website. E-Aadhaar is also accepted everywhere in India just like its physical copy. Just visit the UIDAI official website, and download your e-Aadhaar.